Research and Development
Providing Customers with Tomorrow’s Technologies
At OM Group, our research and development programs are part of our strategy to grow the business through new products, applications and markets. Our researchers use innovative technologies to address customers' complex applications and demanding requirements.
Translating the Vision
The work of our researchers is critical to the success of our value-added businesses:
- Magnetic Technologies, which develops, manufactures and distributes differentiated high-performance, industrial-use magnetic materials and related products and systems in the automotive, electrical installation technology, industrial, retail and renewable energy sectors;
- Battery Technologies, which provides advanced batteries, battery management systems, and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace and medical markets, as well as emerging markets such as commercial aerospace, alternative energy storage and oil and gas;
- Specialty Chemicals, including:
- Advanced Organics, which serves producers of coatings and inks, tires, petrochemical-based products and polyester-based products;
- Electronic Chemicals, which develops new products for printed circuit board assemblies, general metal finishing, electronic packaging and electroless nickel memory disk plating;
- Photomasks, which manufacturers photo-imaging masks and reticles for the semiconductor, thin film head, optoelectronics and microelectronics industry; and
Researchers within these technology-based platforms are envisioning new ways to meet customer requirements, then translating that vision into commercially viable solutions that also address some of society's greatest needs: for affordable energy, portable power, clean air and clean water. Thus, OM Group is well positioned to grow in these dynamic markets.
Our Global Technical Network
OM Group's Technical Centers of Excellence are charged with providing customers high-performance solutions to their challenges. To meet this mandate, each Tech Center focuses on a particular area of expertise. Likewise, the researchers at these centers are dedicated to specific market segments. Our global Tech Centers collaborate, sharing information and unlocking synergies discovered in the research process.